Marriage Mondays: Changing In Your Marriage!
Hey Babes & Happy Monday!
I've decided to bring back "Marriage Mondays" where I talk about All Things Marriage and what I'm learning everyday as being a Wife!
Today's Topic is: CHANGE!
I'm realizing that it's very important to take initiative in changing who you are for the betterment of your Marriage. Certain behaviors make a difference in relationship happiness. There are seven behaviors in particular in predicting relationship satisfaction, liking, love, and commitment:
- Positivity. Express happiness and pleasure when spending time together.
- Understanding. Listen, forgive, apologize, and refrain from judgment.
- Giving assurance. Talk about the future; remind your partner what he/she means to you.
- Self-disclosing. Share feelings and encourage your partner to do the same.
- Openness. Share what you need or want in the relationship.
- Sharing tasks. Equitably share responsibilities (e.g., family, household, relationship).
My Wife and I will be focusing on these 6 things for the upcoming weeks to see how much of an impact it will make on our Marriage.
Please comment below your take on the topic, your experiences, your thoughts or questions on this post below.
Until next Monday's Post, Brides & Wives!
Facebook: Heaven Grace-Acheampong