30 things I’ve learned in 30 Years!
Wow! I can NOT believe I’m 30 Years Old! As I wake up to the Beautiful Miami Sun, I’m nothing short of grateful that I’m able to spend my 30th Birthday in my Happy Place with the person that makes me the Happiest!
In my mind, I was supposed to be so much further along in life & it took me awhile to not beat myself with disappointment. How can I let so many years pass me by and not accomplish so many things I planned? I repeated to myself and became so angry! THEN, I snapped out of it! I’m thriving! Especially compared to last year *whew!* I’m Fibroid-free & almost Anemia-free. I’ve never felt so good for so many days in a row! How blessed am I? I’ve accepted that the condition I had played a LARGE role in my life not being as productive as I would’ve liked. I was TIRED, y’all! I had absolutely no energy and had to recoup just from taking showers. I thought I would spend the rest of my life in a bed, in a room, inside; either in pain, in sadness or in weakness!
But, here I am! 30! With 2 budding small businesses that I bust my ass to run with a healthy and happy Marriage and a new Job! 🥂 That’s enough to proud of and celebrate so I’ll be doing that Today!
So What I’ve learned in 30 Years?
Boy! Where do I start? Well, I’ve learned sooo much!
1. Blood isn’t always thicker than Water.
2. It’s Okay to Protect your Peace.
3. Don’t shy away from living in your truth!
4. Don’t shy away from speaking your truth!
5. PROCRASTINATION KILLS!
6. Don’t follow trends; Do ya own thing.
7. Cherish those who inspire you.
8. Listen to your body!
9. MARRIAGE IS HARD!
10. Trust your gut ALWAYS!
11. CHERISH the REAL friendships.
12. Every action doesn’t deserve a reaction.
13. It’s important to pick your battles.
14. When people show you who they are, believe them!
15. LIVE IN THE MOMENT!
16. MOST IMPORTANTLY, LIVE! LOVE! LAUGH! There’s only ONE LIFE I HAVE!
17. Don’t beat yourself up about things you can’t control.
18. Do not compare your life to others.
19. Spending quality time with Family is important.
20. Healthy Marriages Matter.
21. It’s important to balance Out all aspects of your life.
22. Time is Money!
23. You’re not going to be everyone’s cup of tea... that’s ok! Everyone doesn’t have good taste! 😉
24. Follow your dreams!
25. Always trust your gut.
26. Pick & choose your battles.
27. Every action doesn’t need a reaction.
28. People are going to talk regardless so DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!
29. Have Faith Over Fear.
30. Love wins EVERY TIME!
Although many of these are mantras and quotes, I’ve learned the TRUE meaning of them the hard way throughout my life. I don’t have many friends BY CHOICE and I’m not very close to much of my family BY CHOICE and I think, FOR ME, I’ve dealt with so much disappointment that I no longer have the desire to work on anything that doesn’t serve me. It was a hurtful reality but it’s MY reality and at 30, I’ve accepted that!
I’m looking forward to focusing on all Good Vibes! All Positivity! The Family and Friends that I have amazing vibes with as well as new opportunities and continuing to work on my Marriage because it’s most important to me besides my Career!
CHEERS TO ME & MY 30 YEARS ON EARTH!