5 Ways To Save Money For A Trip!
So, now that I'm feeling better, I am planning, plotting, booking and reserving! Yes! Spring time is here and Summer is around the corner and I already have about 10 trips in mind! With this said, I need to save money for these trips because there's nothing worse than being away and short on cash! Trips are to be ENJOYED and you can only ENJOY with more than enough money. Now, I am no stranger to vacationing AND balling on a budget soooo here are my tips:
5 Ways to Save Money for a Trip:
1. Set Up a Travel Savings Account - Yes! Get a little side piggy bank going for your trips. If you have a bank account, you can easily open a side savings account and set up to have a certain amount of money from your check put into it. Before you know it, you'll be equipped with a few $100s or $1000s (depends on your savings patterns) and you'll be ready to go! You can also save MANUALLY and just put $20, $50 or $100 under the mattress or in a shoe box for your upcoming trips.
2. Travel During the Middle Of The Week - It's a known fact that Flights AND Hotels are SIGNIFICANTLY Cheaper between Tuesdays and Thursdays, even Mondays. But, Friday through Sunday is going to cost you $1000s more. It's also more than likely that it'll be less busy wherever you're traveling to during the week as well.
3. Use Discount Apps - I only book my flights and hotels using ORBITZ, EXPEDIA & KAYAK; Orbitz being the best. I like Orbitz because after you've booked through it a few times, they send you promo codes quite often that you can use for your next flight or hotel. I LOVE IT! Groupon is best for activities. Usually sightseeing and tourist activities is best to purchase on there.
4. #UBEREVERWHERE - A cab in the place you're visiting is going to run you a few $20s depending on how far you going. My Wife and I Uber it Everywhere. An Uber pool from your Hotel to an attraction or depending can be anywhere from $3 to $15 depending on how far you're going. I've also realized other places outside of NYC have waaaayyy cheaper Uber rates than NYC.
5. Eat REASONABLY - Food is the death of Money, I'm convinced. It's usually where most of the money go... to your stomach and then you realizing how you spent $500 in one day and still hungry! Miami, for example, is so expensive as far as food goes. Eating Lunch & Dinner on Ocean Drive can run you a couple of $100s. It's okay to eat at the fancy 'bucketlist' places but you don't have to order a full meal and 5 drinks. If you know that the plan is to hit up all the places you've been dying to try, you can order small so you can spend small.
& There you have it Babes.. Five Of My Best Ways to Save Money For Trips!
Thanks so much for reading my Blog Post & be sure to comment below your own tip for saving money for a trip!
I appreciate you! Be sure to follow me on Instagram & on SnapChat at 'HeavenBendel'
Until The Next Post.